- 1897-1901 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Handwritten copies, created by Kate Bradbury (m. Griffith), excerpts of Petrie's journals from November 1897 to February January 1901, notes associated with the journal and copy of the N. de Garis Davies journal for 1898 to 1899. Presumably created by Bradbury when the Petrie journals were circulated to friends and sponsors.
- Pages 1-21 - 1897-8 - Excavations at Dendera of the mastaba tombs and cemetery, also a description of a trip into the desert around Dendera, Petrie assisted by A. C. Mace and N. de Garis Davies.
- Pages 23-39 - 1898 to 1899 - Excavations at Hu (Diopolis Parva), Petrie assisted by A. C. Mace, and D. Randall-MacIver.
- Pages 40-51 - 1899 to 1900 - Excavations at Abydos, Umm El Qa‘ab.
- Pages 52-58 - 1900 to 1901 - Excavations at Abydos, Umm El Qa‘ab.
- Pages 59-62 - 1901 to 1902 - Excavations at Abydos, temple and cemeteries.
- Pages 63-73 - loose items associated with the notebook, some related to Petrie’s journals.
- Pages 74-76 - Excerpts from Norman de Garis Davies journal - 1898-1899 - Excavating the tomb of Ptah-hotep at Saqqara, includes a brief letter and note in Davies' hand.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
- Pages 1-21 - 1897 to 1898 - Copy of Petrie MSS 1.16.
- Pages 23-39 - 1898 to 1899 - Copy of Petrie MSS 1.17.
- Pages 40-51 - 1899 to 1900 - Copy of Petrie MSS 1.18.
- Pages 52-58 - 1900 to 1901 - Copy of Petrie MSS 1.19.
- Pages 59-62 - 1901 to 1902 - Copy of Petrie MSS 1.20 (incomplete).