- E. W. Lane MSS
Drawings, notebooks, notes and correspondence.
Lane, Edward William
26 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales
Drawings, notebooks, notes and correspondence.
Lane, Edward William
Album of watercolours, drawings, and tracings of Egypt produced close to the end of Lloyd's life. It is a folio volume (33 x 44 cm, pages 32.7 x 43 cm), containing 135 watercolours and drawings (74 of which are full-page and 1 folding) and 10 tracings (8 folding). They are all mounted and most are captioned either on the image itself or on the mount. Captions on the mount seem to have been added when the album was put together after Lloyd's death. The album also contains a loose watercolour, a loose drawing and a loose lithographed portrait of George Lloyd by Prisse d'Avennes, who published it in his Oriental Album: Characters, Costumes and Modes of Life in the Valley of the Nile (1848). One of the drawings in the album is a pencil portrait of Lloyd sketched by Prince A. Soltykoff.
Diary kept from 4 May 1922 to 20 October 1926 by the wife of the British archaeologist and photographer Harry Burton (1879-1940). The diary contains detailed daily entries recording social engagements and memorable events, including the excavation of the tomb of Tutankhamun by Howard Carter’s team, of which her husband was a member. The diary details her life and travels with her husband at home in Florence, their stays in Egypt (especially Luxor, but also Cairo), the trip they made across the US and to Hollywood in 1924, and various holidays in Europe (London, Salzburg, St. Moritz, etc.), as well as trips to friends in Italy. Lined account book, 400 pages, 8vo (179 x 110 x 28 mm).
Burton, Minnie Catherine
Correspondence, notes, unfinished lecture, small number of casts from Egyptian and Assyrian objects, portrait painting (oil on canvas, 79 x 104 cm, 107.5 x 133 cm with frame) by Richard Hooke (1820-1908), and a hand copy made by W. R. Dawson of Hincks, On Certain Egyptian Papyri in the British Museum, published in 'Transactions of the British Archaeological Association at its Second Annual Congress held at Winchester, August 1845'.
Hincks, (Revd) Edward
Correspondence and notes relating to the geography of the Hittite Empire, Babylonian music, decipherment, and various other topics.
Gurney, Oliver Robert
Article on churches in Sardinia, with additional notes and drawings, and watercolours and drawings of Italian towns, churches and architectural features, as well as view of the ziggurat at Ur. Non-Egyptological.
Newton, Francis Giesler
Index of Late Egyptian Grammar, index for Egyptian Dictionary, and various other indexes. 18 notebooks containing copies of hieratic papyri and ostraca. Small watercolour. 2 boxes of family papers and ephemera, including personal correspondence, certificates, photographs, notes for Peet’s books on Neolithic Italy, a couple of pages from an inaugural lecture, newspaper cuttings, a travel record small notebook, a Latin and Greek classes notebook, etc.
Peet, Thomas Eric
1) Bonomi drawings and paintings: 52 handmade ‘portfolios’ containing pencil and pastel drawings, watercolours, tracings and commercial prints, almost certainly arranged by Bonomi, some later rearrangement was done by Bonomi's descendants [Bonomi MSS 1-52].
2) Typescript of diary: carbon-copy(?) typescript of extracts from Joseph Bonomi’s diary, entries for periods in Egypt dating between 25th March 1829 to 26th May 1834 [Bonomi MSS 53].
1) Original measured perspective drawing of the tomb of Tutankhamun in the Valley of the Kings (1978) [corrected version].
2) Drawings of Eighteenth Dynasty tombs (incomplete original set and complete sets of photocopies/prints) (1980s).
3) Prints of the measured perspective drawing of the tomb of Tutankhamun in the Valley of the Kings (1978) [version with error].
4) Drawings of reconstructions of Egyptian boats (1993-4).
5) Models, plaster and resin molds and casts for plaque depicting scene from lid of box from the tomb of Tutankhamun (c. 1979) - the plaque is being sold in the British Museum shop since late 1990s (copyright issued in the late 1990s for a while, then reissued c. 2010).
6) Model, plaster and resin molds and casts for the mask of Tutankhamun (1978).
7) Models, plaster and resin molds and casts for small figurines (2 seated Isis suckling Horus, Bes amulet and scarab, 1970s).
8) Album of newspaper cuttings entitled "Illustrations", mostly from the Illustrated London News, bound in illustrated binding by Harold Parkinson (c. 1930).
9) Drawings of reconstructions of the Theban tomb-chapel of Nebamun, now in the British Museum in London, including sketches, tracings and a measured perspective acrylic (1997) [by Richard B. Parkinson].
Notebooks, notes, card indexes, copies of inscriptions, a corpus of transcribed hieratic ostraca and papyri, photographs, correspondence, and personal items.
Papers, including notebooks, notes, tracings and squeezes, made in Theban tombs and elsewhere, photographs, collection of coloured hieroglyphic signs, indexes of scenes in Theban tombs, etc.
Davies, Norman de Garis
Journal, photographs, typescript, and various notes connected with Stewart's work on the reconstruction of some of the furniture of Queen Hetepheres for the Harvard-Boston Expedition.
Xerox of a typescript entitled 'Creative Work in Palestine. Technical and Crafts Education 1918-1946'.
Stewart, William Arnold
Original drawings by different artists and made for various publications.
Notebooks, negatives, photographs, maps, and drawings made during the excavation of the tomb of Tutankhamun. For other material, refer to the catalogue.
Notebooks, notes, maps, drawings, newspaper cuttings, watercolours, and a silver inkwell. Made during Carter's career between 1899-1939. (This is material other than that directly connected with the tomb of Tutankhamun.)
Typescript in 7 folders of a complete synopsis of Theban tomb scenes, also three letters.
Notebooks, notes, maps, plans, drawings, photographs, and correspondence. There is a small amount of material amongst these papers relating to Westminster Abbey (correspondence).
Transcribed hieratic documents, photographs, annotated photocopies, notes on Deir el-Medina, unpublished material, etc.
Janssen, Jacobus Johannes
Watercolour showing the initial stages of one of Howard Carter's excavations.
Brunton, Winifred Mabel
Antique and modern postcards from various sources.
-Album of drawings and watercolours made during Amelia Edwards's visit to the Dolomites.
-Album of drawings and watercolours made during her visit to Egypt in 1873-4.
-Album with 26 pencil sketches and one watercolour entitled 'Small Egyptian Scraps, 1874', made during same visit to Egypt.
-Album, notebook, packet containing an assortment of drawings, letters, and notes, another packet contains copies of deeds and accounts issued following her death.
-Two watercolours of the temples on Philae island, assumed to have been painted by A. Edwards.
-First edition of Amelia B. Edwards, Pharaohs, Fellahs and Explorers (1891); Kate Griffith's (née Bradbury) copy, with handwritten dedication to ‘My Katie - Novr. 1891 - A.B.E’.
Edwards, Amelia Ann Blanford
Card indexes used in compilation of the <i>Coptic Dictionary</i>, photographs, photostats, notebooks, notes, correspondence, newspaper cuttings, negatives, and casts.
Crum, Walter Ewing
Notes, photographs, squeezes, correspondence, and offprints. Contain, amongst others, references to Assyriological, Greek, Cypriot, and Egyptological material. Includes notes made by Petrie which were with Sayce at the time of his death.
Sayce, (Revd) Archibald Henry