- 1815-1825 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
1) Negatives and prints of drawings of Egypt by Henry Salt (1815-25), property of Lady Salt, Shillingstone House, Dorset.
2) Photocopies of a portfolio of coloured drawings of Egypt by Henry Salt at the Department of Ancient Egypt and Sudan, British Museum, London.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Property of the Griffith Institute. No restrictions. Consultation only.
Conditions governing reproduction
1) Copyright Lady Salt, Shillingstone House, Dorset.
2) Copyright British Museum, London.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
1) Lady Salt, Shillingstone House, Dorset.
2) British Museum, London.
Existence and location of copies
1) These are negatives and prints.
2) These are photocopies.
Related units of description
2) Bierbrier, M. L., The Salt watercolours, <i>Göttinger Miszellen</i> 61 (1983. ), 9-12.