Petrie MSS 1.36
- 1928-1929 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
- Copied extracts from journal letters.
- Entries for December 10 and18, 1928; January 4, 14 and 29; February 13 and 22; and March 13, 1929.
- Site: Tell Farah (Tell Fara; Beth-Pelet).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
- The original journal is in the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology, University College London.
Existence and location of copies
- Typewritten extracts of the journal entries for December 10 and 18, 1928; January 4, 14 and 29; February 13 and 22; and March 13, 1929, in the Griffith Institute were made from the originals in the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology, University College London.
Related units of description
Petrie, W. M. Flinders, Beth-Pelet I (Tell Fara) (1930) (OEB 146979).
Petrie, W. M. Flinders, Seventy years in archaeology , 263-5 (OEB 147191).
Drower, Margaret S., Flinders Petrie: a life in archaeology (1985), 371-4 (OEB 29381).
- The journal has been transcribed by Cat Warsi; Francisco Bosch-Puche has proofread it and prepared it for publication on this website.
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Digital object metadata