Mace MSS 1
- 1899-1903 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
The journals cover 5 seasons:
- [1898-]1899 (working with W. M. F. Petrie);
- 1899-1900 (working with W. M. F. Petrie);
- [1900-]1901 (working with W. M. F. Petrie);
- 1901-1902 (working with G. A. Reisner);
- [1902-]1903 (working with G. A. Reisner).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
- Similar journals for other seasons of work in Egypt must have existed, but their current location is not known.
- Cultural warning: Users of this material are warned that some records document observations of people and cultures using scientific research models and language from the nineteenth and twentieth centuries in ways that may be considered offensive today.
- The journals have been transcribed and prepared for publication on this website by a number of volunteers and the Griffith Institute Team (see individual journals for details). Jenni Navratil has digitized them all.
- If you spot any mistakes or can improve on the transcription, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.