- Ainslie MSS
Album of drawings and watercolour sketches made in Italy, Greece, Egypt, Syria, and Palestine in 1853.
Ainslie, (Revd) Alexander Colvin
33 resultados com objetos digitais Mostrar resultados com objetos digitais
Ainslie, (Revd) Alexander Colvin
1) Black and white photographs of objects in various Italian museums, including Bologna, Museo Civico Archeologico, Florence, Museo Archeologico (complete set), and Naples, Museo Archeologico Nazionale.
2) Two black and white photographs of views of Rome (photographs No. 5964 and No. 6688).
Arundale, Francis Vyvyan Jago
Notebooks, notes, copies of texts, photographs, lecture notes, drafts of articles, and facsimiles.
Barns, (Revd) John Wintour Baldwin
Two albums containing plans and drawings of Egyptian monuments.
Barry, (Sir) Charles
Bartlett, William Henry
1) Two typescripts with pages from the published edition, and handwritten notes and editing marks, together with a small box of glass negatives of plates marked 'Plates for Part 2'. Both titled ''Egypt's Beginnings', being the third edition of <i>The Cultures of Prehistoric Egypt</i> by Elise J. Baumgartel.' Also notes on the manuscript by Barry Kemp, dated 1975.
2) Collected notes and photographs relating to Predynastic material in The Brooklyn Museum. Two reports: one a copy of 'Report of Henry de Morgan on his researches in the Nile Valley between Esneh and Gebel-Silsilèh, during the winter of 1907-1908'; the other, no title or date, addressed 'To A. Augustus Healy, Esq., President of the Brooklyn of Arts & Sciences' [sic].
3) Seven card index boxes:
a) Naqada and Ballas Site Index [4 boxes]: Identified contents of grave groups from numbered tombs in Predynastic cemetery at Naqada, also Naqada town site, and Ballas (excav. Petrie, 1895), with current museum location; arranged by tomb number and cross referenced to <i>Naqada and Ballas</i> (London, 1896). The card index was created by Elise J. Baumgartel as the basis for her <i>Petrie’s Naqada Excavation. A Supplement</i> (London, 1970); subsequently maintained and updated by Joan Crowfoot Payne, ‘Appendix to Naqada Excavations Supplement’, <i>JEA</i> 73 (1987), 181-9.
b) Petrie’s Naqada Site Records [2 boxes] (sketches of numbered graves showing disposition of bodies and grave goods): photocopies of the entries in site notebooks, filed by tomb number.
c) Petrie’s Ballas Site Records [1 box] (sketches of numbered graves showing disposition of bodies and grave goods): photocopies of the entries in site notebooks, filed by tomb number.
Baumgartel, Elise Jenny
Photographs of Abû Simbel, Amâda, Bîga, Dâbôd, el-Dakka, Dendûr, Edfu, Gammai, Gebel Addala, Kalâbsha, Konosso, el-Maarraqa, "Meschek", Philae, Qar Ibrîm, Saqqâra, el-Sebua, and Tâfa (Gardiner MSS 9, 12, and 14). Photographs of foreigners (Meyer photographs in Gardiner papers).
Preussische Akademie der Wissenschaften zu Berlin
Blackman, Aylward Manley
107 postcards collected in Egypt between 1900-1906 by Miss E. Blyth (objects in Cairo Museum, sites, Cairo views, and Nile views) and 1 postcard of Bethlehem in Palestine.
1) Bonomi drawings and paintings: 52 handmade ‘portfolios’ containing pencil and pastel drawings, watercolours, tracings and commercial prints, almost certainly arranged by Bonomi, some later rearrangement was done by Bonomi's descendants [Bonomi MSS 1-52].
2) Typescript of diary: carbon-copy(?) typescript of extracts from Joseph Bonomi’s diary, entries for periods in Egypt dating between 25th March 1829 to 26th May 1834 [Bonomi MSS 53].
Bound manuscript on Egyptian hieroglyphs and related topics (Roman obelisks, Iseum in Rome, Isiac pomp described by Apuleius, Egyptian rites, mummies, etc.). Left unfinished.
Photographs of Nubian Temples made during Breasted's expedition, 1905-6. Photostats of temple plans annotated with Chicago, Oriental Institute photograph numbers.
Breasted, James Henry
415 items of correspondence written by Miss Broome to her parents whilst working at Abydos between 1927 and 1937.
Fifteen items are groups of two letters (16, 35, 51, 55, 97, 111, 154, 198, 227, 268, 306, 319, 325, 363, 408, and 414, not all of them by Miss Broome), four of which are actually cards/postcards (16A, 306A, and 414A-B); item 156 is a group of three letters [= 429 letters and 4 cards/postcards in total].
A few letters include drawings/maps; seven letters include photographs (111, 123, 273-276, and 279); letter 337 includes a newspaper cutting; many of the letters include the original envelopes in which they were sent; some other letters mention the enclosure of additional items which are now lost.
Broome, Myrtle Florence
Black and white photographs of TT55, Qurna (Temple of Sethos I), Deir el-Shelwît (Temple of Isis), and Luxor Temple. Photographs taken by the University of Chicago, Oriental Institute Epigraphic Survey, Luxor, Egypt. See https://oi.uchicago.edu/research/projects/epigraphic-survey.
Chicago, Oriental Institute
Over one thousand colour slides (group III), several hundred black and white photographs (group II), and correspondence (group I).
Calverley, Amice Mary
Notebooks, notes, maps, drawings, newspaper cuttings, watercolours, and a silver inkwell. Made during Carter's career between 1899-1939. (This is material other than that directly connected with the tomb of Tutankhamun.)
Notes, papers, correspondence, etc., on prehistoric Faiyûm.
Notes, transcriptions, translations, article drafts, lecture drafts, card index, photographs, slides, overhead projector sheets, electronic data files, microfilm, correspondence, annotated photocopies and off-prints, relating to Coptic and Greek documents and Coptic archaeology.
Clackson, Sarah Joanne
Notes, notebooks, some correspondence, annotated offprints, lantern slides, and a small number of photographs and negatives.
Clark, Robert Thomas Rundle
Notebooks, notes, maps, plans, drawings, photographs, and correspondence. There is a small amount of material amongst these papers relating to Westminster Abbey (correspondence).
Notebooks, notes, drafts of articles, teaching notes, xeroxes, card indexes, copies of inscriptions, impressions, photographs, negatives, transparencies, tracings, drawings, and correspondence.
Clère, Jacques Jean
Cooper, (Revd) Basil Henry
Four xerox copies of sketches of Philae drawn on 26 January 1846.
Maps, plans and drawings.
Crawford, Osbert Guy Stanhope
Card indexes used in compilation of the <i>Coptic Dictionary</i>, photographs, photostats, notebooks, notes, correspondence, newspaper cuttings, negatives, and casts.
Crum, Walter Ewing
1 folder containing unsorted notes.
Dakin, Alec Naylor
Papers, including notebooks, notes, tracings and squeezes, made in Theban tombs and elsewhere, photographs, collection of coloured hieroglyphic signs, indexes of scenes in Theban tombs, etc.
Davies, Norman de Garis
Diary with brief retrospective entries dated 6th January 1920 to 13th January 1939.
Notebook containing Dawson's list of his own publications, 1903 to 1936.
Dawson, Warren Royal