Portfolio titled 'Drawings Egypt / JB'
Pencil note: '15' (by Bonomi)
Red pencil note at top right corner: encircled 'E' (reference to previous arrangement, almost certainly introduced by Dr Moss)
Pencil note: 'Various - mostly Thebes' (underlined) (almost certainly by Dr Moss)
Ink table of contents with some pencil notes on piece of paper partially glued to cover:
- '1 Alphabet'
- '2 Three pieces some women and a child from / a tomb at Thebes (underlined in pencil) / Pillar of a tomb at Sakkara / Name on Trail's block of Basalt'
- '3 Name on a tablet Cairo / Name of the Faioum'
- '4 Note'
- '5 Hierogs invented by Birch'
- '6 Hierogs found at Carthage'
- '7 Name of places mentioned in the Bible / in and near Egypt'
- '8 Hieroglys on the stem of a head rest / Walter Hawkins'
- '9 Bull Great Court Medinet Haboo'
- '10 Tracing of a soul being weighed Tomb Thebes'
11 Beautiful outline Memnonion Zodiac Chart(?)'
- 'Design restoration / restorations' (pencil additions above 11)
Pencil notes partially covered by piece of paper glued to cover: 'This is a / rubbing / from some / Hieroglyphics / found among / the ruins of / Carthage / Given to me in Egypt'
Pencil note on small piece of paper mounted on verso of cover: 'Ask Prisse where lives / the man who cuts paper / inscriptions'
Pencil note on small piece of paper mounted on verso of cover: 'Lahaf / Vermilion / House'.