- Emery MSS
- Probably 1920s
Plans, tracings, and photographs made in TT 55, 92, and 97.
Emery, Walter Bryan
34 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Plans, tracings, and photographs made in TT 55, 92, and 97.
Emery, Walter Bryan
1) Unfinished manuscript of 'The Life of Sinuhe: A Reader's Commentary on the Middle Kingdom Version(s)' (September 2020) (print out and relevant Word documents and PDFs). Updated version August 2022 (Word documents and PDFs).
2) Drawings of reconstructions of the Theban tomb-chapel of Nebamun, now in the British Museum in London, including sketches, tracings and a measured perspective acrylic (1997).
3) Correspondence: Letter from Esmé Little (née Peet; niece of T. E. Peet) to Richard B. Parkinson dated 30 January 1989.
Parkinson, Richard Bruce
4 albums containing rubbings mainly of objects in the British Museum, and also other museums and private collections including those in the J. Lee collection.
Two journals (trip undertaken with Amelia Edwards to America) and a box and two rolls of miscellanea.
Notes, reports and negatives and photographs of botanical specimens from the tomb of Tutankhamun. Correspondence.
Vartavan, Christian Tutundjian de
Typescript of journals (1827-1829) and negatives of drawings, chiefly of Upper Nubia by Major Felix (1828).
Two incomplete sets of Series T photographs of private tombs at Thebes, in addition some negatives of the same. Incomplete set of photographs of royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings. Photographs of the tomb of Nefertari (QV 66). Incomplete set of photographs of the Temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahari (Deir el-Bahri).
Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
Some 250 facsimile copies of graffiti and ostraca found by E. Naville at Deir el-Bahari (Deir el-Bahri), probably mostly in the Hathor-cow Chapel, in 1906-7.
Dennis, James Teackle
Notebooks, loose notes, maps, plans, drawings, newspaper cuttings, watercolours, and a silver desk-set. The documentation was created during Carter's career between 1899-1939. This material excludes material connected with the tomb of Tutankhamun, see the Tutankhamun Archive.
Over one thousand colour slides (group III), several hundred black and white photographs (group II), and correspondence (group I).
Calverley, Amice Mary
1) Bonomi drawings and paintings: 52 handmade ‘portfolios’ containing pencil and pastel drawings, watercolours, tracings and commercial prints, almost certainly arranged by Bonomi, some later rearrangement was done by Bonomi's descendants [Bonomi MSS 1-52].
2) Typescript of diary: carbon-copy(?) typescript of extracts from Joseph Bonomi’s diary, entries for periods in Egypt dating between 25th March 1829 to 26th May 1834 [Bonomi MSS 53].
Diary with brief retrospective entries dated 6th January 1920 to 13th January 1939.
Notebook containing Dawson's list of his own publications, 1903 to 1936.
Dawson, Warren Royal
Notebooks, negatives, photographs, maps, and drawings made during the excavation of the tomb of Tutankhamun. For other material, refer to the catalogue.
Slides, colour transparencies, 35 mm black & white and colour film negatives, variously sized black & white negatives, black & white and colour photographs, 19th Century photographs, antique and modern postcards, and project folders containing working notes, photocopies and correspondence.
Ross, John Gordon
Paper squeezes from various sources.
Stobart, (Revd) Henry
Drawings, notebooks, notes and correspondence.
Lane, Edward William
Negatives, mainly connected with the tomb of Tutankhamun. Same as TAA ii.4.1-61.
Weigall, Arthur Edward Pearse Brome
1) Two typescripts with pages from the published edition, and handwritten notes and editing marks, together with a small box of glass negatives of plates marked 'Plates for Part 2'. Both titled ''Egypt's Beginnings', being the third edition of The Cultures of Prehistoric Egypt by Elise J. Baumgartel.' Also notes on the manuscript by Barry Kemp, dated 1975.
2) Collected notes and photographs relating to Predynastic material in The Brooklyn Museum. Two reports: one a copy of 'Report of Henry de Morgan on his researches in the Nile Valley between Esneh and Gebel-Silsilèh, during the winter of 1907-1908'; the other, no title or date, addressed 'To A. Augustus Healy, Esq., President of the Brooklyn of Arts & Sciences' [sic].
3) Seven card index boxes:
a) Naqada and Ballas Site Index [4 boxes]: Identified contents of grave groups from numbered tombs in Predynastic cemetery at Naqada, also Naqada town site, and Ballas (excav. Petrie, 1895), with current museum location; arranged by tomb number and cross referenced to Naqada and Ballas (London, 1896). The card index was created by Elise J. Baumgartel as the basis for her Petrie's Naqada Excavation. A Supplement (London, 1970); subsequently maintained and updated by Joan Crowfoot Payne, ‘Appendix to Naqada Excavations Supplement’, JEA 73 (1987), 181-9.
b) Petrie’s Naqada Site Records [2 boxes] (sketches of numbered graves showing disposition of bodies and grave goods): photocopies of the entries in site notebooks, filed by tomb number.
c) Petrie’s Ballas Site Records [1 box] (sketches of numbered graves showing disposition of bodies and grave goods): photocopies of the entries in site notebooks, filed by tomb number.
Baumgartel, Elise Jenny
Two volumes on the history and archaeology of the Beja tribes of the Eastern Sudan (MSS 1) and small group of detached papers / personal file (MSS 2).
Newbold, (Sir) Douglas
415 items of correspondence written by Miss Broome to her parents whilst working at Abydos between 1927 and 1937.
Fifteen items are groups of two letters (16, 35, 51, 55, 97, 111, 154, 198, 227, 268, 306, 319, 325, 363, 408, and 414, not all of them by Miss Broome), four of which are actually cards/postcards (16A, 306A, and 414A-B); item 156 is a group of three letters [= 429 letters and 4 cards/postcards in total].
A few letters include drawings/maps; seven letters include photographs (111, 123, 273-276, and 279); letter 337 includes a newspaper cutting; many of the letters include the original envelopes in which they were sent; some other letters mention the enclosure of additional items which are now lost.
Broome, Myrtle Florence
Notes, notebooks, some correspondence, annotated offprints, lantern slides, and a small number of photographs and negatives.
Clark, Robert Thomas Rundle
Typescript copy of Hay's journal from 24th November 1824 to 27th October 1827, photographs of drawings made by Hay in the tomb of Neferhotp (TT49) (Griffith Institute photos. 3070-7), 13 mounted photographs made from Hay's drawings of el-Kâb, Philae, and Amada, and microfilm roll with copies of the Hay MSS once in the British Museum and now in the British Library.
1) Original measured perspective drawing of the tomb of Tutankhamun in the Valley of the Kings (1978) [corrected version].
2) Drawings of Eighteenth Dynasty tombs (incomplete original set and complete sets of photocopies/prints) (1980s).
3) Prints of the measured perspective drawing of the tomb of Tutankhamun in the Valley of the Kings (1978) [version with error].
4) Drawings of reconstructions of Egyptian boats (1993-4).
5) Models, plaster and resin moulds and casts for plaque depicting a scene from the lid of box from the tomb of Tutankhamun (c. 1979) - the plaque has been sold in the British Museum shop since the late 1990s (copyright issued in the late 1990s for a while, then reissued c. 2010).
6) Model, plaster and resin moulds and casts for the mask of Tutankhamun (1978).
7) Models, plaster and resin moulds and casts for small figurines (2 seated Isis suckling Horus, Bes amulet and scarab, 1970s).
8) Album of newspaper cuttings titled "Illustrations", mostly from the Illustrated London News, bound in illustrated binding by Harold Parkinson (c. 1930).
Notebooks, notes, maps, plans, drawings, photographs, and correspondence. There is a small amount of material amongst these papers relating to Westminster Abbey (correspondence).
Journal 1841-1842 and some correspondence.
Wilkinson, (Sir) John Gardner
Notebooks, notes, card indexes of the Pyramid Texts and Late Egyptian, copies of inscriptions, corpus of transcribed hieratic ostraca and papyri, photographs, drawings, correspondence, copies of his own publications, and portraits.
Gardiner, (Sir) Alan Henderson
Two portfolios containing drawings and plans, and three illustrated notebooks.
Wild, James William
Copies of texts, mostly from Theban tombs.
Golenischchev, Vladimir Semionovich
Card indexes used in compilation of the <i>Coptic Dictionary</i>, photographs, photostats, notebooks, notes, correspondence, newspaper cuttings, negatives, and casts.
Crum, Walter Ewing
Notebooks, notes, card indexes, copies of inscriptions, a corpus of transcribed hieratic ostraca and papyri, photographs, correspondence, and personal items.