- GI Squeezes
Paper squeezes from various sources.
Stobart, (Revd) Henry
34 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales
Paper squeezes from various sources.
Stobart, (Revd) Henry
Drawings, notebooks, notes and correspondence.
Lane, Edward William
Negatives, mainly connected with the tomb of Tutankhamun. Same as TAA ii.4.1-61.
Weigall, Arthur Edward Pearse Brome
1) Two typescripts with pages from the published edition, and handwritten notes and editing marks, together with a small box of glass negatives of plates marked 'Plates for Part 2'. Both titled ''Egypt's Beginnings', being the third edition of The Cultures of Prehistoric Egypt by Elise J. Baumgartel.' Also notes on the manuscript by Barry Kemp, dated 1975.
2) Collected notes and photographs relating to Predynastic material in The Brooklyn Museum. Two reports: one a copy of 'Report of Henry de Morgan on his researches in the Nile Valley between Esneh and Gebel-Silsilèh, during the winter of 1907-1908'; the other, no title or date, addressed 'To A. Augustus Healy, Esq., President of the Brooklyn of Arts & Sciences' [sic].
3) Seven card index boxes:
a) Naqada and Ballas Site Index [4 boxes]: Identified contents of grave groups from numbered tombs in Predynastic cemetery at Naqada, also Naqada town site, and Ballas (excav. Petrie, 1895), with current museum location; arranged by tomb number and cross referenced to Naqada and Ballas (London, 1896). The card index was created by Elise J. Baumgartel as the basis for her Petrie's Naqada Excavation. A Supplement (London, 1970); subsequently maintained and updated by Joan Crowfoot Payne, ‘Appendix to Naqada Excavations Supplement’, JEA 73 (1987), 181-9.
b) Petrie’s Naqada Site Records [2 boxes] (sketches of numbered graves showing disposition of bodies and grave goods): photocopies of the entries in site notebooks, filed by tomb number.
c) Petrie’s Ballas Site Records [1 box] (sketches of numbered graves showing disposition of bodies and grave goods): photocopies of the entries in site notebooks, filed by tomb number.
Baumgartel, Elise Jenny
Notebooks, loose notes, maps, plans, drawings, newspaper cuttings, watercolours, and a silver desk-set. The documentation was created during Carter's career between 1899-1939. This material excludes material connected with the tomb of Tutankhamun, see the Tutankhamun Archive.
Two volumes on the history and archaeology of the Beja tribes of the Eastern Sudan (MSS 1) and small group of detached papers / personal file (MSS 2).
Newbold, (Sir) Douglas
415 items of correspondence written by Miss Broome to her parents whilst working at Abydos between 1927 and 1937.
Fifteen items are groups of two letters (16, 35, 51, 55, 97, 111, 154, 198, 227, 268, 306, 319, 325, 363, 408, and 414, not all of them by Miss Broome), four of which are actually cards/postcards (16A, 306A, and 414A-B); item 156 is a group of three letters [= 429 letters and 4 cards/postcards in total].
A few letters include drawings/maps; seven letters include photographs (111, 123, 273-276, and 279); letter 337 includes a newspaper cutting; many of the letters include the original envelopes in which they were sent; some other letters mention the enclosure of additional items which are now lost.
Broome, Myrtle Florence
Notes, notebooks, some correspondence, annotated offprints, lantern slides, and a small number of photographs and negatives.
Clark, Robert Thomas Rundle
Typescript copy of Hay's journal from 24th November 1824 to 27th October 1827, photographs of drawings made by Hay in the tomb of Neferhotp (TT49) (Griffith Institute photos. 3070-7), 13 mounted photographs made from Hay's drawings of el-Kâb, Philae, and Amada, and microfilm roll with copies of the Hay MSS once in the British Museum and now in the British Library.
1) Original measured perspective drawing of the tomb of Tutankhamun in the Valley of the Kings (1978) [corrected version].
2) Drawings of Eighteenth Dynasty tombs (incomplete original set and complete sets of photocopies/prints) (1980s).
3) Prints of the measured perspective drawing of the tomb of Tutankhamun in the Valley of the Kings (1978) [version with error].
4) Drawings of reconstructions of Egyptian boats (1993-4).
5) Models, plaster and resin moulds and casts for plaque depicting a scene from the lid of box from the tomb of Tutankhamun (c. 1979) - the plaque has been sold in the British Museum shop since the late 1990s (copyright issued in the late 1990s for a while, then reissued c. 2010).
6) Model, plaster and resin moulds and casts for the mask of Tutankhamun (1978).
7) Models, plaster and resin moulds and casts for small figurines (2 seated Isis suckling Horus, Bes amulet and scarab, 1970s).
8) Album of newspaper cuttings titled "Illustrations", mostly from the Illustrated London News, bound in illustrated binding by Harold Parkinson (c. 1930).
Notebooks, notes, maps, plans, drawings, photographs, and correspondence. There is a small amount of material amongst these papers relating to Westminster Abbey (correspondence).
1) Bonomi drawings and paintings: 52 handmade ‘portfolios’ containing pencil and pastel drawings, watercolours, tracings and commercial prints, almost certainly arranged by Bonomi, some later rearrangement was done by Bonomi's descendants [Bonomi MSS 1-52].
2) Typescript of diary: carbon-copy(?) typescript of extracts from Joseph Bonomi’s diary, entries for periods in Egypt dating between 25th March 1829 to 26th May 1834 [Bonomi MSS 53].
Journal 1841-1842 and some correspondence.
Wilkinson, (Sir) John Gardner
Notebooks, negatives, photographs, maps, and drawings made during the excavation of the tomb of Tutankhamun. For other material, refer to the catalogue.
Notebooks, notes, card indexes of the Pyramid Texts and Late Egyptian, copies of inscriptions, corpus of transcribed hieratic ostraca and papyri, photographs, drawings, correspondence, copies of his own publications, and portraits.
Gardiner, (Sir) Alan Henderson
Over one thousand colour slides (group III), several hundred black and white photographs (group II), and correspondence (group I).
Calverley, Amice Mary
Two portfolios containing drawings and plans, and three illustrated notebooks.
Wild, James William
Copies of texts, mostly from Theban tombs.
Golenischchev, Vladimir Semionovich
Card indexes used in compilation of the <i>Coptic Dictionary</i>, photographs, photostats, notebooks, notes, correspondence, newspaper cuttings, negatives, and casts.
Crum, Walter Ewing
Notebooks, notes, card indexes, copies of inscriptions, a corpus of transcribed hieratic ostraca and papyri, photographs, correspondence, and personal items.
Edwards, Amelia Ann Blanford
Jelf, Charles Gordon
1) Photograph album titled ‘Abusir. Summer 1923’, also including other older photographs (1918 to 1923).
2) Photograph album of family portraits [non egyptological].
3) Copy of the Arabic publication Arab Architecture in Egypt: The Principal Structural Characteristics of the Style Classified; by Wilfrid Joseph Dilley (...); with plates prepared by F. Chatterton (...); translated by Mahmoud Ahmed (...); Cairo: National Printing Press, 1923; including 2 manuscript English translations of Arabic title page [non egyptological] [http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/869282469].
4) Additional folder with photographs, 2 postcards and a small group of family papers.
Dilley, Wilfrid Joseph
Journal, photographs, typescript, and various notes connected with Stewart's work on the reconstruction of some of the furniture of Queen Hetepheres for the Harvard-Boston Expedition.
Xerox of a typescript titled 'Creative Work in Palestine. Technical and Crafts Education 1918-1946'.
Stewart, William Arnold
Notebooks, notes, copies of texts, photographs, lecture notes, drafts of articles, and facsimiles.
Barns, (Revd) John Wintour Baldwin
Notes, notebooks, photographs, negatives, proofs, transparencies, xeroxes, and correspondence.
Edwards, Iorwerth Eiddon Stephen
Diary with brief retrospective entries dated 6th January 1920 to 13th January 1939.
Notebook containing Dawson's list of his own publications, 1903 to 1936.
Dawson, Warren Royal
Notes, photographs, squeezes, correspondence, and offprints. Contain, amongst others, references to Assyriological, Greek, Cypriot, and Egyptological material. Includes notes made by Petrie which were with Sayce at the time of his death.
Sayce, (Revd) Archibald Henry
Photographs of objects in museums and of sites, material collected for projected articles, notebooks, notes and articles on hieratic ostraca, and notes on Coptic grammar.
Typescript in 7 folders of a complete synopsis of Theban tomb scenes, also three letters.