Parkinson, R. MSS
- 1989-2020 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
1 box and 2 folders
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
1) Presented by Professor Richard B. Parkinson in September 2020.
2) Presented by Professor Richard B. Parkinson in August 2019.
3) Presented by Professor Richard B. Parkinson in July 2016.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
1) Unfinished manuscript of 'The Life of Sinuhe: A Reader's Commentary on the Middle Kingdom Version(s)' (2020) (print out and relevant Word documents and PDFs).
2) Drawings of reconstructions of the Theban tomb-chapel of Nebamun, now in the British Museum in London, including sketches, tracings and a measured perspective acrylic (1997).
3) Correspondence: Letter from Esmé Little (née Peet; niece of T. E. Peet) to Richard B. Parkinson dated 30 January 1989.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Kept as received.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
1) Property of Professor Richard B. Parkinson. In permanent loan to the Griffith Institute. Permission to access and consult must be arranged with the author.
2-3) Property of the Griffith Institute.
Conditions governing reproduction
1) Copyright Professor Richard B. Parkinson. Permission to reproduce and quote must be arranged with the author.
2-3) Copyright Griffith Institute, University of Oxford. Permission must also be arranged with Professor Richard B. Parkinson.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
These are originals and print outs made by author.
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description
2) Some included in M. Hooper, The Tomb of Nebamun (Cambridge, 1997).
Subject access points
Place access points
Name access points
Genre access points
Description control area
Rules and/or conventions used
Level of detail
Dates of creation revision deletion
Digital object metadata