Petrie MSS 1.25
- 1906-1907 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
- Journal letters.
- December 13, 1906, to March 24, 1907.
- Site: Giza.
- Pages 1-4 and 9-15 are photocopies of originals held at the Petrie Museum of Archaeology, University College London.
- Page 12 is a typewritten copy of a letter.
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
- Pages 1-4 and 9-15, originals in the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology, University College London.
- Pages 5-8, originals in the Griffith Institute.
Existence and location of copies
- Photocopies and typescripts of pages 1-4 and 9-15 in the Griffith Institute are made from the originals in the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology, University College London.
Related units of description
Petrie, W. M. Flinders, Gizeh and Rifeh (1907) (OEB 147068) https://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/002036433 (accessed 22/03/2018).
Petrie, W. M. Flinders, Seventy years in archaeology , 205-8 (OEB 147191).
Drower, Margaret S., Flinders Petrie: a life in archaeology (1985), 305-7 (OEB 29381).
- The journal has been transcribed by Cat Warsi; Francisco Bosch-Puche and the Griffith Institute Team have proofread it and prepared it for publication on this website.