- 1918-1970 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
245 groups of documentation for papyri with hieratic inscriptions, and a small number of papyri with demotic inscriptions.
Most of the documents are photographs. The rest of the material consists of transcriptions, translations, colour transparencies, facsimiles, photostats, annotated off-prints, various notes, and a card index for Deir el-Medina papyri.
- Museums, Černý MSS 3.1-283, 3.300-777
- Private collections, Černý MSS 3.778-780, 782-792
- Location not known, Černý MSS 3.792A
- Miscellaneous groups and unidentified locations, Černý MSS 3.794-812
Subsections within series:
- Oracular amuletic decrees, Černý MSS 3.826-875
- Abusir papyri, Černý MSS 876-888
- Love poetry, P. Chester Beatty, Černý MSS 3.781, 793.1-5
- Other love poetry texts, Černý MSS 3.793.6-793.16
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Transcriptions located within other series are cross-referenced in the finding aid.