- Moss, W. E. MSS
Moss, (Col) W. E.
26 výsledků s digitálními objekty Show results with digital objects
Moss, (Col) W. E.
Photocopies of papers kept at Castello Sforzesco, Milan.
Vassalli, (Bey) Luigi
Negatives of Cairo.
Yates, Miss ?
Journals of Jenny Lane, lady's maid to Lucy Renshaw, travelling companion of Amelia A. B. Edwards, describing in detail their various trips including the 1873-1874 journey through France and Italy, crossing from Brindisi to Alexandria on the Simla, thence up the Nile to Dendara, Karnak, Luxor, Aswan, Philae and Abu Simbel, and the return journey via Port Said, through Lebanon to Damascus, Baalbek and Beirut, Constantinople, Athens, and the Rhine. They contain vivid descriptions of the landscape, weather and peoples, and anecdotes and observations of fellow travellers and places visited. They cover the period from 4 September 1873 to 6 March 1876. 286 pages in three volumes, calf, worn, 8vo:
Papers of William Matthew Flinders Petrie including journals covering 38 seasons (1880-1929) and photographs of excavations. The collection also includes secondary material associated with Petrie's journals, photographs of objects in museums, souvenir photographs and photocopies of material held at the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology, University College London.
Petrie, (Sir) William Matthew Flinders
1 folder containing unsorted notes.
Dakin, Alec Naylor
Site indexes to the Journal d'Entrée and Temporary registers of the Egyptian Museum, Cairo.
Photographs of objects in museums and of sites, material collected for projected articles, notebooks, notes and articles on hieratic ostraca, and notes on Coptic grammar.
Notebooks, notes, articles (some unpublished), lecture notes, photographs, correspondence, squeezes, drawings, tracings, and casts.
Gunn, Battiscombe George
3 copies (1 typescript and two carbon-copies) made from the diary (1821-2), glass negatives, and modern prints (1818-26).
Linant de Bellefonds, (<i>Bey</i> and <i>Pasha</i>) Louis Maurice Adolphe
(1) Excavation journals for 1899-1901 (working with W. M. F. Petrie) and 1901-2 (working with G. A. Reisner).
(2) Personal correspondence exchanged between Mace and his wife Winifred during the Winter season 1922-1923, Winifred Mace and her mother during the Winter season 1923-1924, and other correspondence related to the excavation of the tomb of Tutankhamun.
(3) Two typewritten articles by Mace on work in Tutankhamun's tomb: "DESPATCH No. 5" (3 pages), and "THE CLOSING OF THE TOMB" (incomplete, first page only + newspaper cutting of The Times article); both submitted to The Times and subsequently published on 31/01/1923 and 28/03/1923.
(4) 39 photographs, most are original Burton images, some of which have been annotated by Howard Carter; they may have been used during the preparation of H. Carter and A. C. Mace, The Tomb of Tut.ankh.Amen i (1923).
(5) Newspaper cuttings, most from The Times, published between 1922 and 1925.
(y) Mace's account of the opening of the burial chamber of Tutankhamun - typewritten version (TAA iv.1). Diary for 1922-3 (TAA iv.2).
(z) Mace's account of the opening of the burial chamber of Tutankhamun - original handwritten version (TAA iv.3).
Mace, Arthur Cruttenden
Two incomplete sets of Series T photographs of private tombs at Thebes, in addition some negatives of the same. Incomplete set of photographs of royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings. Photographs of the tomb of Nefertari (QV 66). Incomplete set of photographs of the Temple of Hatshepsut at Deir el-Bahri.
Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York
Notes on some objects in the Nicholson Museum, Sydney.
O'Connor, David B.
Photographs of Nubian Temples made during Breasted's expedition, 1905-6. Photostats of temple plans annotated with Chicago, Oriental Institute photograph numbers.
Breasted, James Henry
Drawings (by Winifred M. Brunton), letters, and working notes for a publication on button seals.
Negatives taken during the Matmar excavations in 1928-30.
Card index created 1958.
Watercolour showing the initial stages of one of Howard Carter's excavations.
Brunton, Winifred Mabel
Photographic records made during the excavation of the Tomb of Tutankhamun, consisting of approximately 1400 black and white glass negatives. 10 albums of original prints made from these negatives for Carter, and original prints made for and kept with the object card index for the excavation.
9 mounted photographs made from drawings of el-Kâb, Philae, and Amada.
Microfilm roll with copies of the Burton MSS once in the British Museum and now in the British Library.
Notebooks, notes, maps, drawings, newspaper cuttings, watercolours, and a silver inkwell. Made during Carter's career between 1899-1939. (This is material other than that directly connected with the tomb of Tutankhamun.)
Notes, transcriptions, translations, article drafts, lecture drafts, card index, photographs, slides, overhead projector sheets, electronic data files, microfilm, correspondence, annotated photocopies and off-prints, relating to Coptic and Greek documents and Coptic archaeology.
Clackson, Sarah Joanne
Two albums containing plans and drawings of Egyptian monuments.
Barry, (Sir) Charles
Notebooks, notes, maps, plans, drawings, photographs, and correspondence. There is a small amount of material amongst these papers relating to Westminster Abbey (correspondence).
Notebooks, notes, drafts of articles, teaching notes, xeroxes, card indexes, copies of inscriptions, impressions, photographs, negatives, transparencies, tracings, drawings, and correspondence.
Clère, Jacques Jean
1) Two typescripts with pages from the published edition, and handwritten notes and editing marks, together with a small box of glass negatives of plates marked 'Plates for Part 2'. Both entitled ''Egypt's Beginnings', being the third edition of <i>The Cultures of Prehistoric Egypt</i> by Elise J. Baumgartel.' Also notes on the manuscript by Barry Kemp, dated 1975.
2) Collected notes and photographs relating to Predynastic material in The Brooklyn Museum. Two reports: one a copy of 'Report of Henry de Morgan on his researches in the Nile Valley between Esneh and Gebel-Silsilèh, during the winter of 1907-1908'; the other, no title or date, addressed 'To A. Augustus Healy, Esq., President of the Brooklyn of Arts & Sciences' [sic].
3) Seven card index boxes:
a) Naqada and Ballas Site Index [4 boxes]: Identified contents of grave groups from numbered tombs in Predynastic cemetery at Naqada, also Naqada town site, and Ballas (excav. Petrie, 1895), with current museum location; arranged by tomb number and cross referenced to <i>Naqada and Ballas</i> (London, 1896). The card index was created by Elise J. Baumgartel as the basis for her <i>Petrie’s Naqada Excavation. A Supplement</i> (London, 1970); subsequently maintained and updated by Joan Crowfoot Payne, ‘Appendix to Naqada Excavations Supplement’, <i>JEA</i> 73 (1987), 181-9.
b) Petrie’s Naqada Site Records [2 boxes] (sketches of numbered graves showing disposition of bodies and grave goods): photocopies of the entries in site notebooks, filed by tomb number.
c) Petrie’s Ballas Site Records [1 box] (sketches of numbered graves showing disposition of bodies and grave goods): photocopies of the entries in site notebooks, filed by tomb number.
Baumgartel, Elise Jenny
(a) Approximately 3,500 negatives recording scenes from private tombs at Thebes, accompanied by a concordance in five notebooks .
(b) There are also several hundred photographs which were received in exchange with the Abteilung Ägyptologie, Trier.
(c) Microfilm roll with copies of the negatives.
Schott, Siegfried Hugo Erdmann
1) 103 stereoscopic photographs published by Underwood & Underwood, consisting of views of Egypt (49), China (50), Europe (3), and India (1).
2) Sawyer's View-Master Model B, black bakelite (c. 1944-1947), and twelve View-Master reels with seven pictures of Egypt each (© 1950): 3301 'Cairo, Egypt'; 3302 'The Famous Mosques of Cairo, Egypt'; 3303 'The Great Pyramids and Sphinx, Giza, Egypt'; 3304 'The Tombs of the Kings, Thebes, Egypt'; 3305 'Treasures of King Tut-Ankh-Amen, Cairo, Egypt'; 3306 'The River Nile, Assuan to Cairo, Egypt'; 3307 'The Valley of the Nile, Egypt'; 3308 'People of the Nile Valley, Egypt'; 3309 'Sakkara and Memphis, Egypt'; 3310 'Luxor & El Karnak, Egypt'; 3311 'Ancient Thebes, Egypt'; and 3312 'Assuan on the Nile, Egypt'.
3) 50 stereoscopic glass positives accompanied by a handwritten numbered index of images and a Gaumont stereoscopic viewer. The positives were created in Egypt sometime between 1900 and 1914. Views include Alexandria, Cairo (street scenes and inside the Egyptian Museum), the pyramids at Giza, the Luxor Temple, the Valley of the Kings, and Aswan.
Underwood & Underwood
Journal, photographs, typescript, and various notes connected with Stewart's work on the reconstruction of some of the furniture of Queen Hetepheres for the Harvard-Boston Expedition.
Xerox of a typescript entitled 'Creative Work in Palestine. Technical and Crafts Education 1918-1946'.
Stewart, William Arnold
4 albums containing rubbings mainly of objects in the British Museum, and also other museums and private collections including those in the J. Lee collection.