- GI Lantern Slides
Lantern slides from various sources.
25 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Lantern slides from various sources.
Maps from various sources.
Items which cannot be incorporated into other GI series.
Photographs from various sources, including 19th Century Studio Photographs by Abdullah Frères, A. Beato, F. Bonfils, W. Hammerschmidt, P. Sébath and others.
Includes photographs of Egyptologists.
Antique and modern postcards from various sources.
Paper squeezes from various sources.
Stobart, (Revd) Henry
1) 103 stereoscopic photographs published by Underwood & Underwood, consisting of views of Egypt (49), China (50), Europe (3), and India (1).
2) Sawyer's View-Master Model B, black bakelite (c. 1944-1947), and twelve View-Master reels with seven pictures of Egypt each (© 1950): 3301 'Cairo, Egypt'; 3302 'The Famous Mosques of Cairo, Egypt'; 3303 'The Great Pyramids and Sphinx, Giza, Egypt'; 3304 'The Tombs of the Kings, Thebes, Egypt'; 3305 'Treasures of King Tut-Ankh-Amen, Cairo, Egypt'; 3306 'The River Nile, Assuan to Cairo, Egypt'; 3307 'The Valley of the Nile, Egypt'; 3308 'People of the Nile Valley, Egypt'; 3309 'Sakkara and Memphis, Egypt'; 3310 'Luxor & El Karnak, Egypt'; 3311 'Ancient Thebes, Egypt'; and 3312 'Assuan on the Nile, Egypt'.
3) 50 stereoscopic glass positives accompanied by a handwritten numbered index of images and a Gaumont stereoscopic viewer. The positives were created in Egypt sometime between 1900 and 1914. Views include Alexandria, Cairo (street scenes and inside the Egyptian Museum), the pyramids at Giza, the Luxor Temple, the Valley of the Kings, and Aswan.
Underwood & Underwood
Original drawings by different artists and made for various publications.
Manuscript of his original text on the architecture of <i>The Five Graves at Sendschirli</i> (Zincirli). Non-Egyptological.
Drawings (by Winifred M. Brunton), letters, and working notes for a publication on button seals.
Negatives taken during the Matmar excavations in 1928-30.
Card index created 1958.
Photographs, tracings and squeezes of Dodecaschoenus graffiti.
Roeder, (Ernst) Günther
1) Original measured perspective drawing of the tomb of Tutankhamun in the Valley of the Kings (1978) [corrected version].
2) Drawings of Eighteenth Dynasty tombs (incomplete original set and complete sets of photocopies/prints) (1980s).
3) Prints of the measured perspective drawing of the tomb of Tutankhamun in the Valley of the Kings (1978) [version with error].
4) Drawings of reconstructions of Egyptian boats (1993-4).
5) Models, plaster and resin molds and casts for plaque depicting scene from lid of box from the tomb of Tutankhamun (c. 1979) - the plaque is being sold in the British Museum shop since late 1990s (copyright issued in the late 1990s for a while, then reissued c. 2010).
6) Model, plaster and resin molds and casts for the mask of Tutankhamun (1978).
7) Models, plaster and resin molds and casts for small figurines (2 seated Isis suckling Horus, Bes amulet and scarab, 1970s).
8) Album of newspaper cuttings entitled "Illustrations", mostly from the Illustrated London News, bound in illustrated binding by Harold Parkinson (c. 1930).
9) Drawings of reconstructions of the Theban tomb-chapel of Nebamun, now in the British Museum in London, including sketches, tracings and a measured perspective acrylic (1997) [by Richard B. Parkinson].
Photographic records made during the excavation of the Tomb of Tutankhamun, consisting of approximately 1400 black and white glass negatives. 10 albums of original prints made from these negatives for Carter, and original prints made for and kept with the object card index for the excavation.
Negatives of Egyptian antiquities, scenes of daily life, and landscapes.
Heathcote, Reginald St. Alban
Two portfolios with 45 loose sheets of mounted drawings and watercolours.
Greek dictionary card index, used in the compilation of W. E. Crum, <i>A Coptic Dictionary</i> (Oxford, 1929-39).
Thompson, (Sir) Henry Francis Herbert
1) Negatives and prints of drawings of Egypt by Henry Salt (1815-25), property of Lady Salt, Shillingstone House, Dorset.
2) Photocopies of a portfolio of coloured drawings of Egypt by Henry Salt at the Department of Ancient Egypt and Sudan, British Museum, London.
Journals, excavation records (Abu Geili, Jebel Moya, Saqadi, Dar el-Mek, etc.), indexes, maps, plans and photographs.
Wellcome, (Sir) Henry Solomon
Two albums. One labelled 'Scraps', which contains mainly photographs, only one of which shows Egypt (Pyramids and Great Sphinx at Gîza); the rest are British churches and historic buildings. The other album is labelled 'Post Card Album' and contains postcards showing French Prehistoric stone circles, megaliths, and chamber tombs, as well as excavations in progress.
Petrie, (Lady) Hilda Mary Isabel
Framed watercolour showing John Garstang's dig house at Abydos (1909).
Notebooks, notes, maps, drawings, newspaper cuttings, watercolours, and a silver inkwell. Made during Carter's career between 1899-1939. (This is material other than that directly connected with the tomb of Tutankhamun.)
Notes, notebooks, photographs, negatives, proofs, transparencies, xeroxes, and correspondence.
Edwards, Iorwerth Eiddon Stephen
Transcribed hieratic documents, photographs, annotated photocopies, notes on Deir el-Medina, unpublished material, etc.
Janssen, Jacobus Johannes
Notebooks, notes, drafts of articles, teaching notes, xeroxes, card indexes, copies of inscriptions, impressions, photographs, negatives, transparencies, tracings, drawings, and correspondence.
Clère, Jacques Jean
9 mounted photographs made from drawings of el-Kâb, Philae, and Amada.
Microfilm roll with copies of the Burton MSS once in the British Museum and now in the British Library.
Photographs of Nubian Temples made during Breasted's expedition, 1905-6. Photostats of temple plans annotated with Chicago, Oriental Institute photograph numbers.
Breasted, James Henry
53 black & white photographs.
Simpson, James Parker
Some 250 facsimile copies of graffiti and ostraca found by E. Naville at Deir el-Bahri, probably mostly in the Hathor-cow Chapel, in 1906-7.
Dennis, James Teackle
Two portfolios containing drawings and plans, and three illustrated notebooks.
Wild, James William
Notebooks, notes, card indexes, copies of inscriptions, a corpus of transcribed hieratic ostraca and papyri, photographs, correspondence, and personal items.