- Sloley MSS
Sloley, Robert Walter
26 výsledků s digitálními objekty Show results with digital objects
Sloley, Robert Walter
Album of watercolours, drawings, and tracings of Egypt produced close to the end of Lloyd's life. It is a folio volume (33 x 44 cm, pages 32.7 x 43 cm), containing 135 watercolours and drawings (74 of which are full-page and 1 folding) and 10 tracings (8 folding). They are all mounted and most are captioned either on the image itself or on the mount. Captions on the mount seem to have been added when the album was put together after Lloyd's death. The album also contains a loose watercolour, a loose drawing and a loose lithographed portrait of George Lloyd by Prisse d'Avennes, who published it in his Oriental Album: Characters, Costumes and Modes of Life in the Valley of the Nile (1848). One of the drawings in the album is a pencil portrait of Lloyd sketched by Prince A. Soltykoff.
C. 10,500 colour slides (35mm) mostly of Egypt (temples, tombs and other ancient monuments), but also of different countries in the Middle East (Syria, Persia, Turkey, etc.) as well as the Far East. They are cross-referenced with an extensive card index and cover a period from the early 1980s until the early 2000s. They consist of images from virtually every site in the Egyptian Delta region and Nile Valley.
Dewey, John Frederick
1) Original measured perspective drawing of the tomb of Tutankhamun in the Valley of the Kings (1978) [corrected version].
2) Drawings of Eighteenth Dynasty tombs (incomplete original set and complete sets of photocopies/prints) (1980s).
3) Prints of the measured perspective drawing of the tomb of Tutankhamun in the Valley of the Kings (1978) [version with error].
4) Drawings of reconstructions of Egyptian boats (1993-4).
5) Models, plaster and resin molds and casts for plaque depicting scene from lid of box from the tomb of Tutankhamun (c. 1979) - the plaque is being sold in the British Museum shop since late 1990s (copyright issued in the late 1990s for a while, then reissued c. 2010).
6) Model, plaster and resin molds and casts for the mask of Tutankhamun (1978).
7) Models, plaster and resin molds and casts for small figurines (2 seated Isis suckling Horus, Bes amulet and scarab, 1970s).
8) Album of newspaper cuttings entitled "Illustrations", mostly from the Illustrated London News, bound in illustrated binding by Harold Parkinson (c. 1930).
9) Drawings of reconstructions of the Theban tomb-chapel of Nebamun, now in the British Museum in London, including sketches, tracings and a measured perspective acrylic (1997) [by Richard B. Parkinson].
Antique and modern postcards from various sources.
415 letters written by Miss Broome to her parents whilst working at Abydos between 1927 and 1937.
Broome, Myrtle Florence
Black and white photographs of TT55, Qurna (Temple of Sethos I), Deir el-Shelwît (Temple of Isis), and Luxor Temple. Photographs taken by the University of Chicago, Oriental Institute Epigraphic Survey, Luxor, Egypt. See https://oi.uchicago.edu/research/projects/epigraphic-survey.
Chicago, Oriental Institute
Diary with brief retrospective entries dated 6th January 1920 to 13th January 1939.
Notebook containing Dawson's list of his own publications, 1903 to 1936.
Dawson, Warren Royal
Three A4 folders containing an unpublished annotated typescript of a monograph on the constellations of the Babylonian and Egyptian sphere and their modifications by the Greeks of the Achaean period.
Plans, tracings, and photographs made in TT 55, 92, and 97.
Emery, Walter Bryan
34 black and white photographs of Gleyre's drawings.
Gleyre, (Marc) Charles Gabriel
Correspondence and notes relating to the geography of the Hittite Empire, Babylonian music, decipherment, and various other topics.
Gurney, Oliver Robert
Two portfolios with 45 loose sheets of mounted drawings and watercolours.
3 albums containing watercolours and sketches.
Hoskins, George Alexander
Consists of at least two sets of slides which have been combined. Made by a tourist(s), probably between 1910 and 1930. Views include Alexandria, Karnak, Luxor, Ramesseum, objects in the Egyptian Museum, Cairo, and scenes of daily life.
Notes collected on Hierakonpolis (<i>The Hierakonpolis finds</i>). Consists of handwritten notes made by M. A. Murray, typescript, and additional notes in a different hand.
Murray, Margaret Alice
Two albums containing approximately 460 black and white photographs taken by various members of the IFAO team during excavations at Deir el-Medîna during the 1920s and 30s. Photographs interspersed with some notes and drawings.
Bartlett, William Henry
Blackman, Aylward Manley
1) Bonomi drawings and paintings: 52 handmade ‘portfolios’ containing pencil and pastel drawings, watercolours, tracings and commercial prints, almost certainly arranged by Bonomi, some later rearrangement was done by Bonomi's descendants [Bonomi MSS 1-52].
2) Typescript of diary: carbon-copy(?) typescript of extracts from Joseph Bonomi’s diary, entries for periods in Egypt dating between 25th March 1829 to 26th May 1834 [Bonomi MSS 53].
Notes, photographs, squeezes, correspondence, and offprints. Contain, amongst others, references to Assyriological, Greek, Cypriot, and Egyptological material. Includes notes made by Petrie which were with Sayce at the time of his death.
Sayce, (Revd) Archibald Henry
(a) 20 folders containing handwritten notes, pencil drawings, negatives, photographs, and postcards of furniture from the tomb of Tutankhamun (= MSS 1-20) (1935).
(b) 18 folders containing notes, drawings, negatives and photographs of thrones, chairs, stools and footstools mainly from the Egyptian Museum in Cairo (1935) and the British Museum in London (1936), as well as from other collections, and material gathered from publications; 1 index card box with Segal's reference notes for his furniture records; and letter from T. G. H. James to M. Eaton-Krauss regarding Segal correspondence in the British Museum along with photocopies of the letters.
53 black & white photographs.
Simpson, James Parker
Notebook containing the transcription and notes on papyrus Reisner I.
Smither, Paul Cecil
Two diaries made in 1898-9 during the Marquis of Northampton's excavations at Thebes, and squeezes made in 1895 of some scenes in TT11, 12, 20, 50, 157, and 163.
Two portfolios containing drawings and plans, and three illustrated notebooks.
Wild, James William
153 black & white negatives taken in Egypt, Palestine, and Greece. Boxes marked with the date 1910. Most of the Egyptian negatives show Giza Pyramids and the Great Sphinx.
Bound manuscript on Egyptian hieroglyphs and related topics (Roman obelisks, Iseum in Rome, Isiac pomp described by Apuleius, Egyptian rites, mummies, etc.). Left unfinished.
Cooper, (Revd) Basil Henry