Showing 73 resultsArchival description
73 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
- Petrie MSS 1.18
- Journal letters
- December 1, 1899, to February 12, 1900.
- Main site: Abydos (Umm el-Qa'ab).
- Pages 9-13 by Hilda Petrie.
- Petrie MSS 1.12
- Journal letters.
- November 27, 1893, through to February 23, 1894.
- Petrie is at Koptos for the whole season where he was assisted by James Edward Quibell and Bernard Pyne Grenfell. Petrie discovered three temples and found evidence of constant occupation at the site, from the Predynastic period through to the Roman era. Petrie also discovered three Predynastic colossal statues of Min beneath a Ptolemaic pavement, one statue is now in the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, and the other two are in the Ashmolean Museum, Oxford. Petrie's excavations at this site initiated the formation of the highly-regarded Egyptian workforce specialising in archaeological excavation and referred to as "Quftis".
- Site: Koptos (Coptos; Qift; Quft).
Results 1 to 30 of 73