- c.1943 Approximate date based on publication of article (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Folder containing research material on the 12th Dynasty.
- Notes on King Lists
- Typed and handwritten notes on Amenemhet I and related inscriptions
- Handwritten notes on Senusret I and related inscriptions including copy and photograph of the Stela of Antefoker (TopBib v.101) (Leiden Museum, AP 7)
- Handwritten notes on Amenemhet III and related inscriptions
- Typed and handwritten notes on Nitocris, copies of a typed draft titled 'A Hitherto Unrecognised Queen Nitokris of the Twelth Dynasty' and notes on a statue group of Amenemhet and two princesses (Cairo Museum, JE 43104) (TopBib iv.51)
- Handwritten notes on Amenemhet IV including cuttings of images of a Cosmetic Box of Kemeni (Metropolitan Museum of Art, 26.7.1438) (TopBib, i.619(25)), and handwritten and typed versions of a draft
- Notes on Ammenemes III (also known as Amenemhet III), Ammenemes IV (also known as Amenemhet IV) and Sobknefru (also known as Sobekneferu) including handwritten draft and copy of published version of Newberry, P.E., 'Co-regencies of Ammenemes III, IV and Sebknofru', in JEA 29, 74-5 (1943) (OEB 146350), and handwritten and typed copies of a draft titled 'Queen Kasebekre Nefrusebekshedeti'
- Handwritten notes on Hatnub graffiti (TopBib iv.237-239)
- Inscriptions from Wadi Hammamat (TopBib vii.328) taken from Couyat, Jules: Les inscriptions hiéroglyphiques et hiératiques du Ouâdi Hammâmât / par J. Couyat et P. Montet. - Le Caire : Impr. De l'IFAO, 1913. (OEB 137441) p.48 , plate XIII, and Sinai (TopBib vii.345-366) taken from Gardiner, Alan H. and T. Eric Peet 1917. <i>The inscriptions of Sinai. Part I: introduction and plates</i>. Memoir of the Egypt Exploration Fund . London: Egypt Exploration Fund (OEB 139938)
- Handwritten notes on Princess Ptahnofru
There is a small folder at the back which has been labelled 'XII-XIII Dyn' and 'Miscellaneous' during previous archival processing and includes notes relating to the 12th Dynasty, including a draft letter to Alan Gardiner on the transcription of King's names.