- 1940s (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Folder titled 'Fluted columns' containing research material on architectural features including the lotus pattern and fluted columns.
- Letter from Eiddan Edwards referring to an article by him on early architectural features, 15 January 1949.
- Tracings, cuttings and drawings of lotus patterns
- Drawings of examples of floral headdresses
- Drawings of examples of column heads
- Notes on columns
- Notes on silphium and silphium columns
Also includes draft letter to Sir Edward Salisbury which refers to a short paper Newberry is writing up on the origin of the fluted columns of Egypt and Greece.
This folder was previously in a box labelled, during previous archival processing, 'Special Subjects 2'.