- End of the 19th Century to 1st half of the 20th Century (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
Professional photographers. Founded in Florence in 1852.
1) Property of Fratelli Alinari, Florence. 2) Not known.
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
1) Purchased from Fratelli Alinari, Florence, in 1959.
2) Presented by Mrs Alison Hobby on 25/10/2012.
Content and structure area
Scope and content
1) Black and white photographs of objects in various Italian museums, including Bologna, Museo Civico Archeologico, Florence, Museo Archeologico (complete set), and Naples, Museo Archeologico Nazionale.
2) Two black and white photographs of views of Rome (photographs No. 5964 and No. 6688).
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Kept as received.
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Property of the Griffith Institute. No restrictions.
Conditions governing reproduction
Copyright Fratelli Alinari, florence.
Language of material
Script of material
Language and script notes
Physical characteristics and technical requirements
Allied materials area
Existence and location of originals
Originals in Fratelli Alinari, Florence.
Existence and location of copies
Related units of description